The Interval Training Workout: Build Muscle and Burn Fat with Anaerobic Exercise
Interval training is an effective, medically proven technique that has been used by elite athletes for decades to add a special dimension to their physical conditioning. The training has three key components:
- I.T. Workouts: brief repetitions of intense exercises alternating with intervals of rest
- XL Workouts: longer exercise sessions done once a week
- Active Rest Days: exercise sessions done at a comfortable, steady pace to help the body recover
The Interval Training Workout is an expert introduction to this unique and effective program. The authors provide exercise routines that:
- burn fat and build muscle
- provide maximum conditioning results in minimal time
- are easy to understand and can be started right away
- require no special equipment
Specific chapters teach programs for beginning, intermediate and advanced exercisers. These are arranged into 12-week schedules and geared for running, walking, cycling and swimming. Also included are tips for assessing performance, tracking progress, preparing for athletic competitions, dieting and injury prevention. In addition, over forty photographs illustrate the proper form and technique to use when stretching or lifting weights.
The measurable success that can be achieved using interval training will amaze many who have struggled with ineffective fitness routines. For years, interval training has been the “secret weapon” of elite athletes. Now it can be yours, too!