Optimal Stress: Living in Your Best Stress Zone
Find the optimal level of stress and wellness for your life and career—the essential guide for women
If you're one of the many women juggling the issues and demands of self, home, family, health, and the workplace, stress is one of the most important emotional and physical problems you face every day. Stress is inevitable, but this book shows you how to embrace it and use it. The key lies in learning how to transform harmful reactions into healthy responses.
Optimal Stress offers a new way to view, organize, and shape your world so that you have a healthy response to any stressor or demand in your life. Its approach helps you develop a crucial understanding of what stress is, what it is not, and most importantly, how to find the right stress-health balance.
- Clarifies the link between stress and medical disorders such as: heart disease, immune disorders, diabetes, and gastrointestinal issues
- Explains three key principles—Priorities, Passions, and Purpose—to help you understand and handle stress
- Shares data as well as other women's true stories, feelings, and insights about stress
- Reveals that stress is a process, with emotional, psychological, behavioral, biological and physical components
- Helps you find a renewed sense of meaning, coherence, and balance in your life through discovery of your personal Best Stress Zone
- Gets you in touch with your unique physical and personality traits and life circumstances that contribute to stress
Don't let stress overwhelm you—discover Optimal Stress and regain balance in your life.