Meaning & Mitzvah: Daily Practices for Reclaiming Judaism through Prayer, God, Torah, Hebrew, Mitzvot and Peoplehood
Delve deeper into spiritual practice to find the power and meaning waiting there for you.
“Spiritual practice reveals that the Garden of Eden is right where you are standing and helps you to be here, now. Therefore, Jewish spiritual practices cultivate joy, hope, resilience and understanding so that you can undertake your soul’s work in this lifetime with vision, passion and integrity.”
from the Introduction
This innovative guidebook makes accessible Judaism’s spiritual pathways, principles and applications, and empowers you to test their value within your own life. Each chapter provides step-by-step, recipe-like guides to a particular Jewish practice or group of practices, gives examples of how they might unfold inside your life, and shows how each can help refuel your spirit throughout the day.
- Prayer practices for embracing the body and creation with awe, limbering up your mind, and preparing for compassionate action
- How to draw sustenance from the Great Mystery, the inexplicable and unknowable Source of Life
- How to mine the Torah’s stories, commentaries, symbols and metaphors for meaning
- Ways to develop your Hebrew vocabulary so you can formulate your own interpretations of sacred text
- How to explore and practice mitzvot as meaningful, compelling parts of your spiritual life
- How to view the Jewish people as a precious human resource and as a model for resilience
- … and much, much more.