The Mediterranean Migraine Diet: A Science-Based Roadmap to Control Symptoms and Transform Brain Health
cowritten by: Alicia Wolf & Shin C. Beh, MD, FAAN, FAHS
This cookbook features more than 70 delicious recipes and dozens of helpful tips to help combat migraine symptoms by eating a Mediterranean-style diet.
This unique cookbook and lifestyle guide provides migraine patients with a dietary roadmap to control attacks and radically transform health. Based on the popular Mediterranean diet, this eating plan goes a step beyond migraine elimination diets to help people living with migraine expand their palette of ingredients. Co-authored by healthy living blogger and creator of TheDizzyCook.com, Alicia Wolf, and neurologist Dr. Shin Beh, the book is packed with information.
The co-authors, patient and doctor in real life, teamed up to provide not only a cookbook, but a science-based guide to eating well, adapting the heart- and brain-healthy Mediterranean diet specifically for people living with migraine to help control their symptoms. Alicia shares her own journey with vestibular migraine and how she healed herself through the foods she cooked. Dr. Beh adds scientific information to bolster her delicious recipes.
Inside you'll find:
- Ten tips for eating a Mediterranean-style diet
- Typical migraine food triggers and how to adapt them to the Mediterranean diet
- Instructions for curating a migraine-friendly pantry
- Information on how to shop for and cook with specific brain-friendly ingredients
- More than 70 healthy and delicious recipes organized by food type
- Migraine-friendly meal plans and tips for making meals ahead
Tips and tricks for customizing dishes for special diets and personal migraine triggers
This book shows how easy—and delicious—it can be to treat migraine through simply eating well.