Hanukkah (Second Edition): The Family Guide to Spiritual Celebration
Create a meaningful and happy Hanukkah in your home—with story, celebration, food and song.
This newly-designed, easy-to-use edition of a classic spiritual sourcebook offers updated information, more family ideas, and new resources for every aspect of your holiday celebration.
Information on every aspect of Hanukkah is covered, including:
- The story of Hanukkah
- Celebrating—for families of every constellation
- Songs and prayers in English, Hebrew and Yiddish (with clear transliterations)
- Recipes for traditional and modern Hanukkah foods
- "December Dilemmas"—coping with other traditions' celebrations
- Firsthand explanations and ideas from real-life families around America
Hands-on advice and practical suggestions invite families into Hanukkah’s spirituality and joys, from the making of luscious latkes and Hanukkah crafts to the stories of the heroism and the miracle that are remembered every year with the lighting of the hanukkiyah.