On the Fence: A Parent's Handbook of Horseback Riding
- Sampling the sport, including package deals that give your child exposure without necessitating a commitment
- Choosing a stable, riding style, instructor, and course of lessons
- Comparison shopping to save on equipment and apparel
- Proceeding through more advanced training
- Participating in horse shows or other competitions
- Buying a horse (or not)
On the Fence gives you the inside scoop on how to help your child get started and progress as a rider. It shows you how your child can enjoy horseback riding in a way that suits her, your family's lifestyle, and your budget.