Wes Craven: The Man and his Nightmares
Wes Craven is one of the most successful and iconic horror movie directors in Hollywood. His masterful examination of the nightmarish nexus of dreams and reality helped spark a career that has spanned close to forty years. Then, with their mix of horror, sex, and humor, Craven's Scream movies helped revitalize the slasher film genre.
- An absorbing portrait of cult film director Wes Craven's life and career in film
- Draws on the author's new interviews with Craven, including little-known details about the director's life and work
- Insights into the making of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies and the Scream films—the #1 horror franchise of all time
- Fascinating stories about the director's work with a range of producers, screenwriters, and actors, including Robert Englund
- Publication timing ties in with the release of Scream 4
If you've ever had nightmares about Freddy Krueger or psychopaths wearing Halloween scream masks, or if want to know more about the director behind the new Scream 4, this is one book you simply have to read.